Nikkei як повноцінна крос-медійна система
АнотаціяThe scientific paper is devoted to the cross-media system which is built around Japanese economic newspaper Nikkei. The work considers the phenomenon of cross-media, the preconditions of its establishment in Japan, and its functioning with complete Nikkei cross-media platform as an example. Research shows how traditional Japanese daily press evolves into cross-media. The academic work considers the peculiarities of the most influential economic newspaper Nikkei, its history, topics and different channels through which the audience consumes information within the cross-media system. In addition, the author analyzes the circulation of various editions of the newspaper, tracing its changes from 2012 to 2019. The article analyzes how the newspaper builds a cross-media platform around print media, online publications, television, radio, information networks, participation in educational projects and exhibitions, and the introduction of augmented reality elements. The research compares cross-media categories by Gary Hayes with Nikkei cross-media elements, illustrating each category. The author also considers how Nikkei enters the global market, analyzes the processes of globalization and digitization of Japanese media model. The author defines the relationship between the development of online cross-media elements and the steady decline of the print circulations. The results of the work can be used for the further studies of Japanese media theory in domestic and foreign scientific discourses.
Статистика завантажень статті
2. Lukin, S. (2013) Institutionalization and mechanism of functioning of the modern media sphere of Japan, PhD diss. (political sci.), St. Petersburg State University. Available at: https://www.dissercat.com/content/institutsionalizatsiya-i-mekhanizm-funktsionirovaniya-sovremennoi-mediasfery-yaponii (Accessed: 14 December 2019).
3. Yomiuri Media Kit (2019) The Yomiuri Shimbun. Available at: https://adv.yomiuri.co.jp/m-data/english/ print/ print.html (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
4. Nihon ABC Kyokai (2019) Japan Audit Bureau of Circulations. Available at: http://www.jabc.or.jp/circulation/ report/newspaper (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
5. Villi, M. & Hayashi, K. (2015) “The Mission is to Keep this Industry Intact”, Journalism Studies, 18(8), pp. 960–977. doi: 10.1080/1461670x.2015.1110499.
6. Rausch, A. S. (2012) Japan’s Local Newspapers: Chihoshi and Revitalization Journalism. London and New York: Routledge.
7. Yasuomi, S. (2019) “Japan”. Digital News Report. Available at: http://www.digitalnewsreport.org/survey/ 2019/japan-2019/ (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
8. Pashchenko, B. (2017) “Cross Media Systems in Japan: The Peculiarities of the Functioning at the Local Market”, Dnipropetrovsk University Bulletin: Social Communications, 17, pp. 91–97.
9. Nikkei BP Media Data 2020. (2020) Nikkei BP. 14 p. Available at: http://www.Nikkeibp.com/adinfo/pdf/ MediaData.pdf (Accessed: 3 January 2020).
10. Nikkei Media Data 2017. Nikkei.com. Available at: https://adweb.Nikkei.co.jp/english/Nikkei_md_pdf/the_Nikkei_media_data.pdf (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
11. Kolton, K. (2015) Japan’s Nikkei buys Financial Times in $1.3 billion deal. Reuters. Available at: https://www.reuters.com/ article/us-pearson-m-a-financialtimes-idUSKCN0PX0YM20150723 (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
12. Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (2018) Audit Bureau of Circulations. Available at: http://www.auditbureau.org/ files/JD2018%20Highest%20Circulated%20(language%20wise).pdf (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
13. Dati Ads: diffusione e vendita a dicembre di quotidiani e settimanali, a novembre dei mensili (2018) Prima Online Communicazione. Available at: https://www.primaonline.it/ wp-content/uploads/2019/02/DMS_Quotidiani_122018_ 20190207_113630.xls (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
14. Kawata, S., & Fujiwara, Y. (2016) “Constructing of network from topics and their temporal change in the Nikkei newspaper articles”, Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review, 13(2), pp. 423–436. doi: 10.1007/s40844-016-0061-2.
15. Fukushima, Y. (1990) “A Case Study of Online Business Database Service in Japan”, Japanese Information in Science, Technology, and Commerce: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference Held by Gesellschaft Für Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung in Co-operation with Japanisch Deutsches Zentrum. Berlin: Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz.
16. About QUICK (2019) QUICK: Our Knowledge, Your Value. Available at: https://corporate.quick.co.jp/ (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
17. About Nikkei Telecom (2019) Nikkei Telecom. Available at: https://www.Nikkeieu.com/telecom/en/about.html (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
18. Radio Nikkei (2019) Timetable. Available at: http://www.radioNikkei.jp/timetable/sw1/2019-12-15.html (Accessed: 24 December 20190).
19. TV Tokyo (2019) Anime News Network. Available at: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=262 (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
20. About Nikkei CNBC. Watch the global market that never sleeps (2019). Nikkei CNBC. Available at: https://www.Nikkei-cnbc.co.jp/about (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
21. Hayes, G. (2006) Cross-Media. Available at: http://www.personalizemedia.com/%20arti-cles/cross-media (Accessed: 24 December 2019).
22. What is AR? (2019) Nikkei.com. Available at: http://adweb.Nikkei.co.jp/ar/en/lp/ (Accessed: 24 December 2019).